Fun. Right?

Some favorite things. Whenever I get around to it...

09 February 2008

Hugh Masekela

Hugh Masekela is an amazing trumpet player and vocalist from South Africa. I was lucky enough to see him live last year in Seattle. It's still one of the best I've been too.

This is where I first discovered him...


I was taking an online music course, and one assignment was that we had to watch three concerts and write a report on each. Well at the time, I was living at the mountain and didn't have time to get down and go see a concert in person, so I went to the Enumclaw Library and checked out the only three concerts they had on video. One of them happened to be Paul Simon's Graceland tour in South Africa, which featured a handful of popular musicians from SA. I had low expectations, but afterwards was inspired...

This next video is a different live performance of the last song in the first video, Stimela... I like is so much I felt it allowed to post it twice.



This last video is an actual produced (not live) video for his song Chileshe.

No comments:

Post a Comment