Fun. Right?

Some favorite things. Whenever I get around to it...

23 June 2008

Todd Rundgren+President Bush: I Just Wanna Bang On the Drum All Day

Todd Rundgren+President Bush: I Just Wanna Bang On the Drum All Day



This was pretty much my favorite song when I was a little guy. I used to make my mom turn it up super loud and I would scream along at the top of my lungs and bang on whatever I could. My car seat took a beating, I heard...


On to Todd... man, I didn't realize how awesome this guy is! He is one of the cutting edge leaders that you will never know about. He was the producer behind XTC's Skylarking! Which as we all should know was well ahead of its time. He has also worked as a producer for other recognizable big names like Meat Loaf, Bad Religion, Grand Funk Railroad, and the Psychedelic Furs. He had one of the first music videos to be aired on MTV, and he very much embraced the internet. He started a site where he could release his music directly to his fans and cut out the record label. That was back in the mid 90's!

Anyway... he might have a new solo album coming out this summer. I might have to look into that.


By the way, I can't gaurantee that everything here is accurate, I got it off wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment