Fun. Right?

Some favorite things. Whenever I get around to it...

19 May 2008

Nina Simone: Sinnerman

Nina Simone: Sinnerman


This is probably one of my top five favorite songs. This is a bad recording of it... hard to hear the actual depth to the music through this "video", but it's there. I highly recommend finding a way to get this song into your collection.

I found this song by complete chance. I was at the library and had just learned that you could check out ten CD's at once. So, naturally I figured I'd go ahead and bite off way more than I could chew, and decided to try and check out at least ten CD's a week, but do by completely randomly selecting them. The second week was as far as I got, by the way. But anyways, one of the CD's I grabbed in my first visit was a compilation of world music, and this song was on there. Obviously, I ripped it on to my computer and I have listened to it hundreds of times since.

No comments:

Post a Comment